is short for management information system or management information services.
Management information system, or MIS, broadly refers to a computer-based system that provides managers with the tools to organize, evaluate and efficiently manage departments within an organization. In order to provide past, present and prediction information, a management information system can include software that helps in decision making, data resources such as databases, the hardware resources of a system, decision support systems, people management and project management applications, and any computerized processes that enable the department to run efficiently.
The Information System Branch spearheads the Information Technology drive of Cantonment Board Wah with the following mission:
To achieve overall efficiency in various fields of administration of CBW by using the Information Technology in the form of electronic computing devices, latest software’s, etc. so as to provide a dynamic and transparent administration.
• The objectives set by the Branch in coherence to its mission are summarized as below:
• To reduce overall Administrative Response Time for various tasks.
• To reduce the Total Cost of Operations for the CBW.
• To implement computerized system in all branches of CBW.
• To establish a Knowledge Repository for various processes.
• To have an effective Management Information System and Decision Support System.
Web site management
• To maintain the website of CBW
• To upload the necessary information and Tenders
• To upload incoming event on web site
• To keep regularly checking webmail’s